compensation: Finger Lakes ReUse is a Tompkins County Certified Living Wage Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Starting wage for this full-time (35 hours/week) position will range from $15.00 an hour to $17.00 an hour, based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting directly to the Associate Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out complex administrative tasks in a dynamic office setting. This position requires attention to detail, and a high degree of discretion and judgment around sharing information with Finger Lakes ReUse staff, Board of Directors, and the public. Work will include program administration and direct assistance to the Associate Director, including these 5 key tasks:
• Provide support to development, fundraising, and community programs administration
• Coordinate communications, meetings, and appointments on behalf of the Executive Director
• Assist with ReUse Materials Access Program, providing direct relief to local people and programs in need of materials
• Perform research, data entry, grant support and other administrative duties as necessary.
• Embrace a willingness to be flexible, learn, understand and maintain systems and procedures as the organization continues to grow and thrive.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with staff, volunteers, trainees, customers, donors, and the public.
• Ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to accurately and legibly complete forms and paperwork and maintain file systems.
• Minimum education not required.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Salesforce or other database management software.
• Demonstrated experience in solving practical problems in a changing work environment.
• Demonstrated experience communicating with diverse audiences and working with diverse populations.
• Previous experience working in or with not-for-profit organization(s).
• Demonstrated investment in ReUse’s mission to enhance community, economy and environment through reuse.
• Ability to move about in the workplace to access file cabinets, office equipment, meeting rooms, etc.
• Ability to work at a computer for prolonged periods.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of full-time paid clerical experience, or its part-time and/or volunteer equivalent, which involved the operation of a computer for word-processing, database or spreadsheet applications OR Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and four (4) years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Finger Lakes ReUse is a Tompkins County Certified Living Wage Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Starting wage for this full-time (35 hours/week) position will range from $15.00 an hour to $17.00 an hour, based on experience.
ABOUT FINGER LAKES REUSE:
Finger Lakes ReUse is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to enhance community, economy, and environment through reuse. We are collaboratively developing best-practices approaches to environmental, social, and economic justice challenges by addressing overflowing landfills, structural poverty, and unemployment and are actively developing a replicable, open source model for independent and local Community ReUse Centers. Finger Lakes ReUse creates living wage jobs, hands-on job training opportunities, and inspires reuse through its programs and activities.
Please email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com or mail to Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc., 214 Elmira Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Listing will be posted until position is filled. The priority deadline for applications is September 30, 2020.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers