compensation: Salary: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Title: Clinician (Full Time)
Department: Mental Health Clinic Status: Exempt
Responsible To: Director of Clinical Services Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Clinicians provide high-quality, confidential, and affordable counseling services in a welcoming and caring atmosphere for children, preschool age through adolescence, and their families as well as adults. They address a wide range of emotional, behavioral and/or relationship problems. Our outpatient clinic is licensed by the NY State Office of Mental Health and is National Health Service Corps (NHSC) certified.
The clinician must possess a Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related mental health discipline that included a clinical field placement with supervision. The clinician must be eligible for a New York State license, and 2 plus years of post-graduate experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, adolescents and their families as well as adults. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build rapport with clientele who are diverse in their race, culture, religion, economic resources, sexual orientation, gender identity, and abilities.
• Provides clinical services including assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, crisis intervention and ongoing treatment.
• Responds to a range of clients' needs using differential diagnoses, appropriate treatment modalities, and a variety of intervention methods.
• Demonstrates understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one's training and discipline.
• Collaborates effectively with agency staff on behalf of clients.
• Works collaboratively with other community agencies on behalf of clients and/or the agency.
• Participates in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, peer supervision, and staff meetings.
• Maintains clinical records in accordance with insurance regulations and established clinic policies and procedures and in timely compliance with agency policies and procedures.
• Complies with clinical productivity standards as established by Director of Clinical Services.
• Effectively organizes time and responsibilities.
• Maintains availability for after-hours telephone contact for clients in crisis.
• Participates in rotating backup clinical support via on-call phone rotation schedule.
• Assumes all responsibilities of a mandated reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Family & Children's Service provides equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for positions with the organization. No individual will be discriminated against in application, hiring or employment on the basis of race, age, culture, ability, ethnicity or nationality, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religious affiliation, and socioeconomic status. Additionally, Family & Children's Service's policies and practices in application, hiring and employment are developed to be consistent with all applicable local, state and federally mandated obligations imposed through regulation or statute, which govern employment practices. This policy applies to all agency positions.
Please send a resume and cover letter to the address below or through Craigslist relay.
Attn: Lyn McCarter
Family & Children's Service of Ithaca
127 W. State Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Family & Children's Service supports, promotes and strengthens the well-being of individuals and families by providing high-quality, accessible mental health care and related social services, with a particular sensitivity toward the needs of children.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers