compensation: Crown pays competitive wages, paid vacation/sick time, profit sharing and full benefits including health insurance, vision, dental and 401k with matching! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you an experienced construction professional looking for a new career?
Crown Construction is a leading full-service remodeling and construction firm seeking skilled remodeling professionals who value quality and first-class service.
Crown is growing and has multiple career opportunities available in sales, estimating, carpentry and trades.
Crown pays competitive wages, paid vacation/sick time, profit sharing and full benefits including health insurance, vision, dental and 401k with matching!
If Crown sounds like the team you want to join, respond to this job listing and visit CrownConstructionInc.com to start your new career today!
- Accurately determine the quantity and cost of labor and materials required to successfully produce a complete construction project on time and within budget.
- Secure material bids, sub-contractors and permits according to project requirements and timelines.
- IDEAL CANDIDATE - design remodeling projects (e.g. additions, rooms, decks, etc.) using a combination of preliminary drawings/designs, photos, written specifications and company software.
- Review project details with Sales Consultant and/or designer to produce an accurate project estimate.
o e.g. measurements, site photos, drawings/designs and projected scope of work
- Confirm project's scope of work accuracy with Sales Consultant
o Client information and preferences
o Project information
o Questions regarding the scope of work
- Define material specs in the estimate
o e.g. item description and specs, possible location (i.e. windows & doors)
o Other important information necessary for the Sales Consultant and field crew
- Specify and request materials bids/quotes from suppliers/vendors for accurate job pricing.
o e.g. windows, doors, cabinets and fixtures for kitchens and bathrooms
o Confirm lead times for materials
- Obtain subcontractor quotes and coordinate scheduling as needed
- Create and produce accurate project estimate using company databases and software
o Identify the need and application of relevant building codes
o Obtain relevant permits for projects
o Gather Production Manager's input about estimate's fit with field-specific factors
- Review, modify and finalize estimates with Sales Consultants, Production Manager and/or Foremen
- Prepare final estimate and purchase orders for ordering and delivery as required.
- Order required materials for sold jobs
o e.g. 'sticks and bricks', cabinets, special order items, etc.
- Coordinate materials ordering and project start dates with Sales Consultant and Production Manager to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage warehouse and inventory to ensure all materials are available when needed
- Conduct material/product research using a variety of methods
o e.g. websites, supplier catalogs, account reps, previously produced jobs, etc.
- Research and negotiate pricing with sub-contractors, material suppliers, etc. to achieve up-to-date, competitive pricing
- Provide Sales Consultants with product specification sheets for internal and external use
- Answer internal and external estimating questions to improve understanding of a project's scope
o e.g. materials, labor, supplier, etc.
o Meet with supplier reps to stay current with products, materials and services
o Assist with answering phones, filing, writing and distributing memos and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and in the warehouse as needed
- IDEAL CANDIDATE - Design remodeling projects including, but not limited to, kitchens, bathrooms, additions, decks, etc.
- Strong computer proficiency in:
o CRM, project and database management software
o MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
o Google Drive and Google's apps suite
o Email, etc.
- Verifiable references
- Able to pass a background check
- Professional, reliable transportation
- Professional appearance, demeanor and communication
- IDEAL CANDIDATE - bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or related field
- 3+ years of proven success in role relating to remodeling or construction industry
o e.g. carpentry, estimating, construction management, design, architecture, etc.
- Passionate and motivated by accuracy and specificity
- Tech savvy
- Eagerness to learn and apply new techniques, tactics, systems, tools, etc.
o e.g. new processes, time management, SOP development, etc.
- Ambition and initiative to challenge the status quo to innovate and grow
- Positive, confident, open and solution-orientated attitude
- Responsible and accountable for your results
o i.e. successes AND failures
- Competitive spirit, results-oriented and goal-driven
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
o Written and verbal
o Electronic and in-person
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated business acumen producing profitable results
- Strong financial acumen and skill regarding profit and loss, forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Innovator with strong leadership to inspire and improve internal teams and overall organization
- Comfortable speaking up and 'managing up'
- Appreciation of 'high-end' remodeling
- Values consistent with Crown's corporate values
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities