Customer Support and Marketing Coordinator (Ithaca)
compensation: $36K - $40K annual salary for 35 hours/week. Salary will depend on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Analysis Factor LLC is a growing statistical support company that is on a mission to make quality statistical support accessible and affordable. We offer a membership program, webinars and workshops, statistical consulting, a newsletter, and a blog.
We are looking for a Customer Support and Marketing Coordinator to help us with two primary objectives:
1. Providing customer support to our members, workshop participants, consulting clients, and fan club. You’ll be the first responder for all issues that come up. This could be anything from explaining how our membership works to a new customer, to helping out someone who can’t log in to their account. Once you’ve got the lay of the land, you’ll also be helping us improve our customer support by helping us develop better systems, and by working on ways to better engage our community. This is a very people-oriented position, and you’ll enjoy feeling like you’re getting to help a lot of people who greatly appreciate our services (and you!). (~15 hours/week)
2. Coordinating and implementing our online marketing efforts. Under the supervision of our marketing manager, you’ll be taking the content created by our team and formatting it for our newsletters, blog posts, marketing emails, and web pages. Also, for everything we just listed, there are a lot of steps and details along the way. You’ll be assisting with quality control checks, maintenance and uploads, and other backend work. You’ll be responsible for both the execution and the coordination of certain marketing efforts. We’d like to see the person in this position be able to help grow our marketing efforts and to be able to take on more responsibility quickly. (~20 hours/week)
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done recently:
- Helped a new customer log in to their membership
- Responded to a customer with resources to assist them in a particular area
- Copied and formatted a newsletter to our delivery platform and let the person who wrote it know of any issues
- Maintained an editorial calendar for our blog posts and newsletters
- Used our CRM software to edit, format, and send out our monthly newsletter to our 20,000+ subscribers.
- Updated our blog posting schedule and edited and formatted two new blog posts.
- Set up an A/B test to evaluate the different versions of an enrollment page or email promotion.
- Met with the rest of the Customer Support team to discuss how to deal with a tricky situation, and/or a new idea you have for how something we do can work better
- Double checked that all recent posts to the membership forum have replies and following up with our team on posts that still need a reply
- Helped a client reschedule an appointment using our online scheduling system
- Set up a project in our project management software for a new client
- Sent a test email to yourself to see that the formatting is correct when it hits your inbox
- Answered the phone and walked a customer through the process of updating their credit card information
Applications you’ll use often:
- Help Scout
- Hootsuite & Social Media Platforms
- Google Analytics
When and where you’ll be working:
Until the threat of COVID-19 has passed, you’ll have the option of working from home or in a private office space (with a full COVID-19 protocol in place). Once we can return to the office safely, you will work in our office suite close to downtown Ithaca NY. There is some flexibility for when you work, and we treat you like an adult about when you come and go. That said, we are generally open during regular office hours, so expect to be in the office Monday through Friday during our core hours of 10am-4pm. This position is a 35-hour/week full-time salaried position with benefits, including health insurance, retirement, and paid time off.
You’re the one we’re looking for if:
You’re excited to be part of a growing, successful venture. You understand that sometimes everyone does a little bit of everything in a small office, and you’re happy to be flexible and supportive. You’re willing to do some repetitive tasks as part of your job.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and excitement about helping us grow.
You are a great communicator and a bit of a grammar fanatic. You write clearly and speak well.
You are wildly productive and independent, but still like working within a team.
You’re proactive. You seek help as needed. You don’t wait to be told the steps to solve problems or achieve goals.
You are a people person and commit to great customer service—you truly want to get to know and understand our customers. You’re eager to be in regular contact with our members and clients.
When you get stuck on something, your first instinct is to figure it out on your own, but you aren’t afraid to ask questions.
You are meticulous about checking for typos or other errors in your work.
You are a calendar and task-management ninja. Although you’ll have adequate time to complete all tasks, this position will require you to manage when each one needs to be done.
You are not intimidated by new technology. You are comfortable using many types of internet applications and are eager to learn new ones. You are internet savvy and are interested in learning and embracing new applications and technology.
You have no fear about the fact that our business is all about statistics, even though you may not have a background in math or statistics.
- You have membership experience. Extra bonus points for online memberships!
- You have experience with Ontraport or WordPress
- You have a background in customer support, online marketing, and/or communications
The Analysis Factor LLC is a growing statistical support company that is on a mission to make quality applied statistical support accessible and affordable. We empower our customers to do things they didn’t think they could, and above all else we love seeing their lightbulb moments when they finally get something. Our customers are graduate students, researchers in government, non-profits, marketing, academia, program evaluation companies, and more: anyone who gets their hands messy with data.
About Ithaca NY Ithaca is located in the heart of New York’s beautiful Finger Lakes region at the southern tip of the 40-mile long Cayuga Lake. Known widely for its natural beauty, its cultural attractions and as a hub for higher education and high-tech business, Ithaca is a small city that thrives in its diversity and its commitment to the community. Ithaca is 227 miles from New York City, 231 miles from Philadelphia, and 251 miles from Toronto.
The local slogan, "Ithaca is Gorges" refers to the 100+ gorges and waterfalls located within 10 miles of downtown. Along with the waterfalls, gorges and beautiful lakefront, the surrounding county offers access to 28,000 acres of public forestland for hiking, mountain biking, and outdoor recreation.
Recently, Ithaca NY has made the following national lists:
• Business Insider: “Best American Cities to Live in After the Pandemic” (September 2020)
• Thrillest Travel: "Best Small Cities in America to Visit for a Weekend" (October 2019)
• Forbes: “Top 10 American Cities for Family-Friendly Travel" (June 2019)
• Livability.com: “Top 100 Best Places to Live” (March 2019)
• The Guardian: “Best Towns and Small Cities in the US” (November 2018)
• USA Today: “Most Innovative Cities in the US” (November 2018)
• Architectural Digest: “The Prettiest Town in Every U.S. State” (July 2018)
• Carrentals.com: “Favorite Family Road Trip Destinations” (April 2018)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to us at:
employment @ theanalysisfactor.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers